Skip to Main Content

Monmouthshire Homesearch

Monmouthshire Home search is the housing association letting scheme, run in partnership with us. There is one application form you need to complete regardless of whom you wish to be re-housed by. To register, please visit the Monmouthshire Homesearch website.

Your local library provides a free Internet service which you can use to complete your application. If you need help filling in the form or you need the form in large print, Braille or another language, please contact 0845 900 2956 (This call will cost you 3 pence per minute plus your phone company’s access charge.) or email

Private Rented Accommodation

If you need accommodation quickly you will usually be able to get it sooner by finding Private Rented Accommodation. We may be able to help you with a bond through the Right Move Bond Scheme. Once you have found accommodation, you may be eligible for Housing Support.

Housing Associations

There are currently six Housing Associations in Monmouthshire: Monmouthshire Housing Association; Melin Homes Limited; Pobl; United Welsh; Muir Group and Aelwyd Housing Association.

Housing Benefit

If you need help paying your rent, you might be eligible for Housing Support or Housing Benefit.

Home Owners or First Time Buyers

We currently offer a few different schemes for first time buyers. These include:

  • Low Cost Home Ownership – This provides first time buyers the opportunity to purchase a home with up to 50% discount.
  • New Build Home Buy – Get help to purchase a newly built property with a 30%, 40% or 50% equity loan

For more information and properties currently being advertised please visit the Monmouthshire Homesearch website.

Older Persons Accommodation

Older Persons Accommodation allows people to live independently in a safe and secure environment with support close at hand should it be needed.

Can I Get Help to Furnish My Property?

There are a few agencies that may be able to offer you good quality second hand furniture.