In October we ran a ‘Appy Birthday My Monmouthshire’ quiz. We had a great response and 10 lucky winners received a range of different prizes. Click here to see the article, one lucky winner had this to say:
Caldicot’s Janice Morgan, winner of the iPad said: “I was thrilled to win the iPad because my elderly version is going through its death throes. The new one will help me access my emails, aid my research and ensure I keep in touch with family and friends through social media.
“Over the past twelve months I have found the My Monmouthshire app useful to find out about local activities, how to renew my bus pass and to check on bus timetables. It is good to know that through the app, I can also look at planning applications and raise an objection should it become necessary.”
My Monmouthshire is a way of communicating with the Council by providing online access and an app to enable 24/7 self-service access. The app is an easy way to quickly contact the council and enables people to report an incident using a photo or a video from their phone. For example, residents may report a pot hole, dog fouling or a broken street light by capturing details and automatically submitting them. The My Monmouthshire app also provides latest news updates from the council and features local service information such as waste collection days, job vacancies, bus timetables or school data.
All residents or anyone visiting Monmouthshire with smart phones are encouraged to download the app. To do so, visit your app store and simply download the My Monmouthshire app.
To sum up here’s what it can do:
- Easy way to find out information e.g. bus timetables
- Quick way to get to other online services e.g. Parent Pay, pay your Council Tax
- Provides a two way communication channel with Monmouthshire keeping up to date and in touch
- View your account and what interactions you have had with the Council
- Receive targeted emails on what you are interested in e.g. Events, Council news
What’s happened recently?
- Based on user feedback, the Contact Us form now has an area where you can tell us what department you would like to speak to (if you know).
- New Fostering form has been added. Another way to get in touch with us if you would like to know more about Fostering in Monmouthshire.
- Changes to the process of the Fly Tipping form are under way which will increase the response time in our Recycling & Waste team getting back to you your concern.
How you can help!
We are looking for people who are would be willing to provide their feedback on new developments we have in the pipeline for My Monmouthshire. We have a user panel, who are helping us to make sure the forms are user friendly and are in a language that you understand.
If you would like to be part of the My Monmouthshire Customer User Panel please email DigitalProgrammeOffice@monmouthshire.gov.uk
You can report an issue anonymously, but by registering your details you can track the progress of your report and receive updates as it is processed.
We are keen to hear what you think of the My Monmouthshire app, if you would like to send us your feedback then you can do so by using the below form.
- It won’t let me register on My Monmouthshire with my email address?
If the error message says ‘This email address already exists’ this could be that you have already registered with us or the customer services teams have registered you. To reset your password with that email address click the ‘Forgot Password’ button underneath the login screen.
- How can I suggest improvements for My Monmouthshire?
We have a user panel and if anyone would like to join and help with future forms then contact DigitalProgrammeOffice@monmouthshire.gov.uk or fill in the app feedback form.
- I’ve tried copying the link into my bookmarks but it doesn’t work, I get a message ‘Oops something went wrong’
If you use the following link www.monmouthshire.mycouncilservices.com this will take you to right registration page.
- I don’t want to have to keep logging in via your website, why can’t you have an option for me to stay logged on like other websites
If you download the app on your device via your appropriate store, then it will keep you logged in as long as you keep the app open.