Housing Support is a free service provided by Monmouthshire County Council for Residents

of Monmouthshire who are having difficulties in keeping or finding a home. It does not

matter what type of home that you live in, anyone living within Monmouthshire can apply for


How Can Housing Support Help Me?

Housing support can give you the help you need to address your housing problems such as:

  • Managing your money and debts (including rent/mortgage arrears) and claiming benefits,
  • Help to find or set up and run your own home for example setting up your gas and electric suppliers,
  • Understanding your responsibilities as a tenant
  • Putting you in touch with extra help for example for drug and alcohol issues and mental health problems. Support workers can help you contact other organisations and support groups.
  • Domestic Abuse. If you are experiencing issues relating to Domestic Abuse, and need urgent support, you can also contact the All Wales Domestic and sexual abuse helpline 0808 80 10 800 – 24 hour support for all victims.
  • Help to look for employment, training and education


What Happens If I Apply for Housing Support?

When we receive your referral, we will contact you to assess your needs. If we can help you,

and if you want to take up our services, we can arrange regular visits from a Support Worker.

The Support Worker will talk through your needs with you and together you will agree a

support plan that tells you what to expect from the service and how often you will be


How to apply for support

If you would like to apply for Housing Support, either for yourself or on behalf of someone,

you can either: