If you have a community premises, it may be possible to disapply the mandatory condition for the requirement of a Designated Premises Supervisor where alcohol is sold under the provisions of a Premises Licence. The community premises may be able to transfer the responsibility of alcohol sales to the management of a board of committee of individuals. The application must be made by the committee or board with responsibility for the management of the community premises.

A community premises include a church hall, chapel hall, village hall, parish hall, community hall or other similar building.

The management committee will be responsible for all alcohol sales under the licence.

How do I apply to Disapply the Designated Premises Supervisor?

Apply on-line for an Application form to Disapply the Designated Premises Supervisor.

In this application you must set out:

  • How the premises is managed
  • Your committee structure
  • How the supervision of alcohol sales is to be ensured
  • Any other information that is required.

You must accompany your application with copies of any constitution or other management documents and include names of key officers, such as the chair, secretary and treasurer.

If you already hold a Premises Licence that includes alcohol sales, your application must be accompanied by the required fee of £23 and your original Premises Licence.

If you are applying for a new Premises Licence or a full variation to your existing licence to include alcohol sales, there is no additional fee for applying to Disapply the Designated Premises Supervisor.

Only the Police can object to an application to Disapply the Designated Premises Supervisor on the grounds of crime and disorder. Comments from the Police must be made within 28 days of the application being submitted to the Licensing Section. If the Police issue a notice seeking the refusal for the application the matter will be deferred to the Licensing and Regulatory Committee for a decision on the application.

Alternatively you can contact the Licensing Section for application forms.

This authority is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided for the prevention and detection of fraud. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for auditing or administering public funds for these purposes. For further information, see NFI information on MCC website