As well as the off-street car parks, we are also responsible for enforcing all of the on-street restrictions, such as:Double and single yellow lines
- Blue badge bays (disabled bays)
- Limited waiting bays
- Taxi ranks
- Loading bays
- Zig-zag markings at schools (if restrictions apply) and pedestrian crossings
- Double parking (parking too far from the kerb)
- Resident permit bays
We are also able to enforce vehicles parking across dropped kerbs where there is a crossing point and tactile paving.
You can report illegal parking by completing a parking enforcement report via My Monmouthshire. All reports are directed to our civil enforcement officers who will respond with any actions and findings taken upon patrols. If you would like to log a parking enforcement report please click here
The police will continue to be responsible for dealing with any parking restrictions imposed on:
- M4 branch to / from Cardiff towards the second Severn Crossing;
- M48 branch to Chepstow and the Severn Crossing;
- A40, linking the Heads of the Valleys with Abergavenny and continuing towards Hereford;
- A465, linking the Heads of the Valleys with Abergavenny and continuing towards Hereford;
- A449, connecting Newport with the A40 towards Monmouth and the M50;
- A4042, connecting Newport with Abergavenny;
- A48/A466, from the M48 through Chepstow to the English border.
The police will continue to be the enforcement authority for considering and dealing with any parking matters that are not supported by a parking restriction such as, vehicles parked obstructively and/or dangerously at or around junctions or on or over the footway. The police are also responsible for any moving traffic offences i.e. Access Only orders, Speeding, No Entry. You can report these issues to the police by calling 101.