All services are FREE. It doesn’t matter which type of home you live in, it doesn’t matter that you don’t currently have a home , it doesn’t matter where in Monmouthshire you live , anyone can apply.
Housing Support can assist with a range of issues. Support is provided either by Monmouthshire County Councils In-house team or is provided through a range of providers who work with the Gateway.
A wider range of services is also available through the Gateway. These services can help with issues related to promoting health and wellbeing, social inclusion and family relationships.
Housing support can:- ·
- Help you find and manage a home
- Help you to set up your own home
- Help you to make relevant benefit claims and manage Universal Credit issues.
- Help you to manage money and debts
- Help you to access other services, including health services, education and social services.
- Help you to access education, training ,voluntary and employment opportunities
- Help you to contact and liaise with other agencies.
People, who have used support services, include:-
- People with mental health issues
- People with physical difficulties
- People with learning difficulties
- People who have suffered domestic abuse
- People with chronic illness
- Families with support needs
- Single people with support needs
- Young people ( aged 16 or over)
- People with substance misuse problems
- Prison leavers
- Older people( aged 55 years or over)