Skip to Main Content

How to make a nursery or school application?

Parents must complete an application form in order to obtain either a nursery or school place. There is the opportunity to complete an application on-line via the Monmouthshire County Council Citizen Portal.  This can be found on the following page:

Citizen Portal On-Line Application

If you are having difficulties accessing the Citizen Portal, please contact the School Admissions Team on 01633 644508 or alternatively emailing  A member of the team will help with any queries.

As a reminder, it is your responsibility to apply for a place and to notify us of a change of address.

What if I don’t live in Monmouthshire?

If you aren’t a Monmouthshire resident but wish to apply for a place for your child to attend a Monmouthshire school, you will need to do so through your home authority (to whom you pay your council tax).

Please see details below:

What happens if my application is late?

Applications received after the closing date will be treated as late. The following applications will be dealt with under the late application arrangements.

  • Applications received after the closing date
  • Where a change of circumstances has occurred after the closing date which will impact on the oversubscription criteria

Please note if your application is late then your chances of getting a place at your preferred school may be reduced. This is because applications received before the closing date will be given priority. Late applications will be batched by the month that they are received and the over-subscription applied.

If you have any queries please contact the

Tel: 01633 644508

Where do I send my completed application?

Please return the completed application form to:

School and Student Access Unit
Directorate for Children & Young People
Monmouthshire County Council
County Hall
NP15 1GA