To find out if you require planning consent please review the the Welsh Government guidance.

If you would like an official document from the Local Planning Authority to state whether or not planning consent is required; you can apply for a Certificate of Lawful Proposed/Existing Use or Development.

Please do not forget to check whether or not you require Building Control Consent. You can contact them here.