‘Families First Programme’ can provide your family with help, advice and support to prevent any issues or problems you may have from getting worse.
Our ‘Families First’ teams, will work with your family to help you look at what is working well in your life, to decide what help you need for your family to thrive.
Who is it for?
‘Families First’ is available to all families with a child under 18years who need help, regardless of where you live in Monmouthshire or how much you earn.
What support is available?
A range of support is available through our programme. Here in Monmouthshire we have designed services which meet the specific needs of your family.
What are the principles of Families First?
The services provided in Monmouthshire through the programme take account of the following National guiding principles:
- Family-focussed – services should look at the needs of your whole family rather than the needs of individual family members.
- Bespoke – services should be tailored to meet your family’s specific needs.
- Empowering – services should empower your family to take control of your lives.
- Integrated – agencies must work together to help you in a coordinated way.
- Intensive – support should be a focussed but also flexible enough to adapt to your families’ changing circumstances.
- Local – services should be designed to address the needs of your local community.
- Pro-active – it is important your needs are identified as early as possible so support can be provided to you in a timely way.
- Sustainable – support should deal with the root cause of problems to enable your family to continue to make progress after support has ended.
Your Local services are: