Replacement Local Development Plan (RLDP) Preferred Strategy and Second Call for Candidate Sites
We are currently consulting on the Replacement Local Development Plan (RLDP) Preferred Strategy along with the Initial Integrated Sustainability Appraisal and Habitats Regulations Assessment documents. The overall aim of the Preferred Strategy is to:
- Identify key issues, challenges and opportunities for the County
- Develop a Vision and set of Objectives for the RLDP that respond to the key issues, challenges and opportunities
- Set out the preferred level of growth (housing and employment) and broad spatial distribution of this growth
- Set out the Strategic Policies that will deliver/implement the Strategy
The consultation takes place from Monday 5th July to Monday 31st August 2021. Full details of the consultation can be found here. A Second Call for Candidate Sites is taking place alongside the Preferred Strategy consultation and therefore has the same deadline of midnight on Monday 31st August. If you wish to know more about the Second Call for Candidate Sites please follow this link.
Attend an Engagement Event
Public consultation and engagement on the Preferred Strategy will run from the 5th July 2021 to the 31st August 2021 and will include a number of virtual engagement sessions and ‘drop-in sessions’ throughout the County during this period.
Two virtual engagement events will take place during the consultation period, whereby officers will present the Preferred Strategy and respond to questions. While places are unlimited for the virtual sessions, advance booking is required to attend these engagement events. The virtual sessions on the Council’s Preferred Strategy will be held on the following dates:
- Virtual Engagement Session – 8th July 2021 6pm – 7:30pm.
- Virtual Engagement Session – 20th July 2021 3pm – 4:30pm.
A number of ‘drop-in sessions’ are also being held throughout the County during the consultation period where you can book an appointment in advance to speak to a planning officer about the Preferred Strategy consultation documents. Places are, however, limited to comply with the ongoing restrictions associated with the Covid-19 pandemic. Should there be a further lockdown due to the Coronavirus pandemic, these drop-in sessions will be replaced by additional virtual engagement events. The face to face ‘drop in sessions’ will be held in the following locations on the following dates:
- Usk – Sessions House – 12th July 2021 1pm – 7pm.
- Chepstow – Drill Hall – 14th July 2021 1pm -7pm.
- Magor – Baptist Church – 15th July 2021 1pm – 7pm.
- Monmouth – Leisure Centre – 19th July 2021 1pm -7pm.
- Caldicot – Choir Hall – 21st July 2021 1pm – 7pm.
- Abergavenny – St Mary’s Priory Centre – 27th July 2021 1pm-7pm.
- Raglan – Village Hall – 29th July 2021 – 1pm-7pm.