At Be Community, we recognise and embrace the diverse ways in which individuals perceive and engage in volunteering. We honour and appreciate the unique contributions that every volunteer brings to the table.
To support the vibrant spirit of community service, Be Community is committed to empowering volunteers in Monmouthshire with a comprehensive range of training resources and opportunities.
Our approach is multifaceted, designed to cater to the diverse needs and interests of volunteers as well as providing courses that enable community projects to thrive and grow. We offer an array of training courses that cover various aspects of volunteering and running community groups, ensuring that individuals acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to make a meaningful difference.
In addition to traditional training, we provide:
- Accessible online learning modules, allowing volunteers to engage with valuable content at their own pace and convenience. These resources are crafted to enhance their understanding of community issues, foster empathy, and promote effective problem-solving approaches.
- Bespoke packages, we recognise that sometimes community organisations need a more bespoke approach to help elevate the project to the next level or overcome challenges. In these circumstances we are able to provide mentorship from seasoned third sector organisations with specific experience in your area.
- Networking is a key component of our support system. We facilitate connections between volunteers, enabling them to exchange ideas, collaborate on projects, and learn from one another’s experiences. Through Community Action Networking events, volunteers can expand their social circles, form partnerships, and gain valuable insights that enrich their volunteering journey.
What sets Be Community apart is our unwavering commitment to making these resources and opportunities accessible to all volunteers, without imposing any financial burden. Our services are offered completely free of charge, ensuring that financial constraints never hinder anyone’s ability to contribute positively to their community. We firmly believe that everyone, regardless of their background or financial status, should have the opportunity to engage in volunteering and experience the profound sense of fulfilment that comes with it.
So, whether you’re a seasoned volunteer looking to expand your skills, someone considering volunteering for the first time or a community project looking to upskill your team, Be Community welcomes you with open arms. Join us in this fulfilling journey, where your passion and dedication can truly make a lasting impact in Monmouthshire. Together, let’s build a stronger, more compassionate community for everyone.
Latest Courses & Workshops
Unlocking Memories: Object-Based Reminiscence and Memory Café Training
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of older adults and individuals living with dementia?
Here’s your chance to get involved in something truly special! Join us for an exciting collaboration between Be Community and MonLife Heritage, as we bring you an enriching Reminiscence Training experience.
Designed for both individual volunteers and groups, these sessions are tailored to equip you with the skills needed to host engaging Memory Cafés, where we’ll transform spaces into captivating journeys through historical eras like the 1940s or 1950s.
- Exclusive Resources: Access artefacts, costumes, and pop-up scenery
- Spark Memories: Safely use museum objects to foster connections.
🗓️ Training Dates:
- Thursday, 29th February (Shire Hall, Monmouth)
- Thursday 7th March (Shire Hall, Monmouth)
- Thursday 14th March (community based TBC)
(*Attendance at all sessions is required)
To reserve your spot on this free training today, simply fill out our online form https://forms.office.com/e/kB886Zibmr and select “Reminiscence Training”.
Foodie Foundations – Environmental Health Coaching
Building Safe and Successful Community Food Projects with Be Community’s Coaching Scheme
Foodie Foundations is a coaching scheme offered in partnership with Environmental Health and Be Community.
It provides personalised support and training for community projects involved in food preparation or handling.
The scheme aims to ensure success and safety by tailoring advice to each project’s unique needs. Post-visit support is also provided. However, it does not replace routine inspections.
Stress Management Course
BECommunity is excited to announce an upcoming Stress Management Course.
This course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and tools to cope with stress effectively. Whether you are a leader or a volunteer, taking care of your well being is essential to making a lasting impact.
- Techniques for Balance
- Heart Rate Technology Insights
- Comprehensive Stress Management Approach
Date: Wednesday 13th March 2024
Time: 10am to 11:30am
Duration: 1.5 hrs
Venue: Centenary Hall, Usk
These are past courses, however if you are interested in these please get in touch!
- Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Allergen Awareness and Control in Catering (RQF)
- Chat GPT ( AI artificial intelligence app) online training workshop
- Making Grants Work with Justin Horton
This project is funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.