Skip to Main Content

If your circumstances change after your Housing Benefit and or Council Tax Reduction claim has been assessed it could affect the amount of benefit you receive. You should tell us straightaway.

If you delay you may lose benefit, claim too much discount or be paid too much benefit and will be asked to pay the money back.

The fastest, most convenient way to report a change in circumstances is on the Councils website or smartphone app. You can download the app for free from your phones app store or visit Monmouthshire residents are also able to use this service.


You can also report the change

Further information is available on our website.


Please note- Monmouthshire’s Benefit Service is provided by Torfaen County Borough Council