This statement applies to content published on the www.monmouthshire.gov.uk domain. It does not apply to content on subdomains, accessibility statements for subdomains are linked throughout this webpage.
This website is run by Monmouthshire County Council’s Communications department. It is designed to be used by as many people as possible. The text should be clear and simple to understand. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- Text sizing/spacing is editable using your browser but further accessibility settings are available on this page.
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- some pages and document attachments are not clearly written
- some tables do not have row headers
- some pages have poor colour contrast
- some heading elements are not consistent
- some images do not have good alternative text
- some buttons are not correctly identified
- some error messages are not clearly associated with form controls
- many documents are in PDF format and are not accessible
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need, for example, audio CD, braille, BSL or large print, accessible PDF
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or you think we’re not meeting the accessibility requirements, contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Monmouthshire County Council is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
This content is being finalised
This content is being finalised
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services, and forms published as Word documents.
Many documents are not accessible in a number of ways including missing text alternatives and missing document structure.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
How we tested this website
This website was and is currently being tested for compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA, and these tests have been carried out internally.
We used Silktide Accessibility tool to deciding on a sample of pages to test.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We plan to identify and fix any further issues over the coming months.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 18th September 2020. It was last reviewed on 18th September 2020.
This website was last tested on 17th September. The test was carried out by Monmouthshire County Council using the Silktide testing tool.