From 6pm tonight, the Caerphilly County Borough Council area will become an enhanced local health protection area and several new Lockdown restrictions come into force.
We’re aware that compliance with the basic rules has relaxed across Gwent and what started as an increase in cases in younger people is now spreading to older people. Please take responsibility for your actions and continue to follow the rules.
· Wash hands – and keep washing them regularly
· Cover face – over your nose and mouth where social distancing is difficult
· Make space – stay at least two metres from anyone not in your household
· Stay home – and get tested if you or anyone in your home has symptoms
It really is this simple.
If you’ve got any symptoms of coronavirus, you must get a test and your whole household must self-isolate immediately.
· New continuous cough
· High temperature
· Loss of taste and/or smell
Book a test here https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test
If you are asked to self-isolate, you should do so to prevent further spread of the virus. Please remember to self-isolate while awaiting the results of a test.
For information which will answer a lot of questions, please visit https://gov.wales/caerphilly-county-coronavirus-lockdown