In Monmouthshire we have textile banks throughout the county.
- Try not to make a special journey
- Do not leave any materials on the ground as these will not get recycled.
Over-flowing banks can be reported to your local one stop shop.
- Abergavenny – Castle Street Car Park
- Abergavenny – Waitrose Car Park
- Caerwent – household waste recycling centre
- Llanfoist – household waste recycling centre
- Little Mill – Little Mill Village Hall
- Magor – Withy Close
- Mitchel Troy – household waste recycling centre
- Pandy – The Village Hall (Werngifford)
- Raglan – Prince Charles Road
- Usk – household waste recycling centre
Household waste recycling centres (staffed)
There are many ways to give your old clothes a new lease of life before disposing of them:
- Why not repair them. Visit love your clothes for some tips or reuse them by making something new.
- Donate to charity and re-use organisations or via the charity bags that come through your door. Some supermarkets have clothing and shoe banks too.
- Sell on ebay, gumtree or let them go for free on freecycle, freegle and gumtree.
Top tip – Clothes will last longer if you wash at 30 degrees!