The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency have now approved the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine. We now know we have a safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine which can be used in Wales.
From Wednesday 24 February, children aged three to seven will begin returning to schools in a phased way, while some vocational learners on courses that require practical learning, will return to college.
Following the latest review of coronavirus restrictions, the Welsh Government also announced some minor changes to the current rules:
- From Saturday 20 February, four people from two different households will be able to meet outdoors for socially distanced local exercise. This doesn’t apply to private gardens.
- From March 1, the law will be changed to allow licensed wedding venues, such as visitor attractions and hotels, to re-open but only to perform wedding and civil partnership ceremonies.
- Sport Wales will make arrangements for more of our talented athletes to resume training and playing.
- With more people living and working in older people’s care homes being vaccinated, we will look again at our guidance for care home visiting.
For the full statement: https://gov.wales/lockdown-continue-further-three-weeks-pupils-return-school
As of midnight 19/12/2020 all of Wales was put into Alert Level 4.
For full information visit https://gov.wales/alert-level-4-guide
What you must do at alert level 4
At alert level 4 you must:
- Follow social distancing rules with people you don’t live with or who are not in your support bubble.
- Wear a face covering (if you are able to) in all indoor public places.
- Stay at home.
- Not create an extended household (single adults or single parents may join with one other household to form an exclusive support bubble).
- Meet only the people you live with or your support bubble indoors.
- Meet only your household or support bubble in private gardens.
- Meet only your household or support bubble outdoors.
- Work from home if you can.
- Not travel without reasonable excuse.
- Not travel internationally without reasonable excuse.
What can open at alert level 4
- Schools, colleges and childcare providers (informal childcare should only be essential only).
- Higher Education Institutions (mix of in-person and remote learning).
- Places of worship.
- Community centres – limited opening (for example, for essential public services).
- Playgrounds and public parks
- Weddings and funerals (ceremony limit set by venue).
What must be closed at alert level 4
- Venues for events and conferences
- Theatres and concert halls
- Indoor and outdoor visitor attractions
- Entertainment venue
- Wedding reception or wake
- Sport courts, golf courses
- Leisure and fitness facilities
- Outdoor visitor attractions
- Holiday accommodation (open only if essential only, for example for work or other reasons)
- Hospitality (except for takeaway and delivery)
- Close contact services
- Non-essential retail (click and collect allowed)
- Licenced premises. Takeaway and delivery only between 6am and 10pm
- Libraries and archive services (click and collect only)
- Organised activities limited to public and voluntary services
- Nightclubs and adult entertainment venues
If you’ve got any symptoms of coronavirus, you must get a test and your whole household must self-isolate immediately.
- New continuous cough
- High temperature
- Loss of taste and/or smell
Book a test here https://gov.wales/apply-coronavirus-covid-19-test
If you are asked to self-isolate, you should do so to prevent further spread of the virus. Please remember to self-isolate while awaiting the results of a test.
For information which will answer a lot of questions, please visit
- Click here to view the latest Welsh Government Advice
- Public health wales information
- Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
View our Coronavirus Strategy here: Coronavirus Strategy
Click on the tiles below to find out specific information for services
Recycling & Waste
Transport and Travel
Building Closures & Re-opening Info
Community Hubs & Libraries
Early Years Childcare
Support for Shielded People