The decision has been made to close all MonLife venues. This was not a decision that has been taken lightly, over the last few weeks staff have been working relentlessly to provide a safe environment for you and we would like to thank you for the support that you have shown them.
Our customers and staff as well as the community are our priority. Due to staff shortages, protecting health and redistributing resources to support priority areas across Monmouthshire County Council we have to close until further notice.
As a valued customer we would like to thank you for your continued support
Due to COVID-19 we’re actively discouraging people visiting the area at the moment, and asking that they avoid all non-essential travel. Please stay safe at home and we’ll be here with a warm welcome when this is all over.
While we’re still encouraging people to walk to stay active and remain healthy, we’re asking that you only walk in areas close to your own home.
For the latest coronavirus advice please visit the Public Health Wales’ website
We’re doing our utmost to keep this information up to date but if you’re aware of anything that should be included here but isn’t, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
- The Angel Hotel in Abergavenny, alongside The Angel Bakery and The Art Shop & Chapel, will be offering a take-away and delivery service. Check their social media (@lovetheangel) for details. They are also offering free delivery on gift vouchers.
- Silver Circle Distillery have launched a new ‘Ultimate Bloody Mary Kit‘ alongside Parva Spices to help get you through this challenging period.
- The Angel Inn, Grosmont, are offering a takeaway menu.
- The Royal George, Tintern, have opened up a convenience shop and implemented extra safety precautions.
- The Beaufort, Raglan are offering home delivery to Raglan residents.
Suggested Places to Walk
Walking is good for us at any time but perhaps even more so now as the range of activities available becomes more limited and we practise social distancing. However please only walk in areas close to your own home. You can find details of a wide range of Monmouthshire walking routes here. (Please avoid non-essential travel and follow government guidance when out and about, maintaining social distancing.) Our key heritage sites are unfortunately now closed but there are still opportunities to get close to heritage and nature at the following places if they’re within walking distance of your home:
- The grounds of Caldicot Castle & Abergavenny Castle remain open, with plenty of room to get out and stretch your legs.
- The unstaffed Cadw sites in Monmouthshire (including White Castle, Grosmont Castle, Skenfrith Castle, Monmouth Castle, Caerwent Roman Town). See Cadw for full details.