The standard of your property is very important to us. Any property that we let must meet our minimum standards. This includes:
All properties must be clean, well presented and maintained
Free from Category 1 hazards (Housing Health & Safety Rating)
All properties must be fitted with operational smoke alarms that meet relevant fire and safety regulations
All structural elements of the property (such as rainwater goods, doors, windows and so forth), should operate as designed and be in good condition and repair.
Gas and electrical safety certificates must be provided as required.
We inspect all properties that we use. If your property doesn’t meet our minimum standards we can help. We will work with you to resolve any possible problems and may be able to facilitate access to the Council’s Home Improvement Loan Please ask for more information.
How Much Rent Can I Get?
The team will be happy to discuss with you about how much rent we can pay together with any other services you may be interested in.
Please ring 📞01600775120.
What cash incentives do you offer?
Our cash incentives vary depending on the size and condition of the property, as well as the size and need of the household that moves in. Please contact us to find out what we can offer for your property.
Is Any Funding Available?
We currently have a Home Improvement Loan and an Empty Homes Loan available. We can offer a preferential fee in respect of the Home Improvement Loan for landlords who agree to work with the Council.
Periodically we may have energy efficiency grants available, subject to availability. Please contact us on 📞01600775120 to check availability.
Property Inspection and Inventory Preparation
We can carry out a full property inspection and prepare both written and photographic inventories on your behalf on the condition of your property.
Our Tenant Accreditation Scheme
We operate a Tenant Accreditation scheme which aims to match or link prospective tenants with landlords. The scheme aims to provide landlords with a level of reassurance about prospective tenants. We maintain a list of assessed and checked prospective tenants. We undertake the following checks:
It is a condition of our Accreditation Scheme that all prospective tenants are re
All our prospective tenants are assessed and checked before we arrange for them to view your property. You are invited to meet the tenants at the viewing stage and you may request block bookings, so that you can decide who rents your property. We are happy to accompany viewings if you would prefer this.
Preparation of tenancy and management agreements
If you require assistance we can prepare all tenancy related paper-work and signed by all parties. This will include all documents necessary to ensure that your rent is paid directly into your bank account.
Leasing Scheme Wales
Leasing Scheme Wales (LSW) is funded by Welsh Government and managed by Monmouthshire County Council (Monmouthshire Letting Service). The leasing scheme provides an additional opportunity for landlords to lease their property to the local authority with a guaranteed monthly rental amount and property management for between five and twenty years. Working with Private landlords and property owners to provide good quality homes in Monmouthshire.
How it works?
Leasing Scheme Wales offers –
- Leases of between 5-20 years
- Guaranteed rental payments for the length of the lease at the relevant Local Housing Allowance rate
- Where necessary, an offer of up to £5000, as a grant, to bring properties up to an agreed standard and/or to increase the EPC rating to level C. Additional grant funding of up to £25,000 is available for empty properties
- Repairs of any damage to the property made by tenants covered, subject to reasonable wear and tear, and the landlord’s liability for structural defects. This would form a term of the lease
- A guarantee of appropriate support for tenants, throughout the lifetime of the lease.
What can the team do for you?
With the Leasing Scheme Wales (LSW) and in line Monmouthshire Letting Service we can offer you a superior quality property and contact holder management service. As our business partner in the leasing scheme the Monmouthshire Letting Service can also offer you:
- Guaranteed rent even if the property is unoccupied (during void periods)
- Full written inventory and photographs taken of the property before occupation
- Regular inspections of the property by our local housing team
- Guaranteed return of the property in its original condition (less fair ware and tear)
- Guaranteed vacant possession at the end of the lease
What landlords need to do to join Leasing Scheme Wales
To lease your property on ‘Leasing Scheme Wales’ you will need to ensure that you can:
- Provide Gas Safety, Electrical Safety and Energy Performance certificates
- Provide Buildings Insurance (including Public Liability)
- Where relevant, provide written permission i.e., letter/email, confirming that your lender agrees to you leasing the property through the Scheme
- Meet mandatory property standard requirements set by Welsh
- Government (a grant is available to bring properties up to the agreed standard)
- Provide a copy of Land Registry to confirm ownership of property
- Be responsible for paying any service charges related to the property and any external works to the property.