Our team will continue to support and guide you now you are a foster carer:
- Social worker – Your social worker will visit you regularly, join you at different meetings and support you with the children placed in your care.
- Training – Your social worker will continuously provide advice about how to develop new skills and will recommend relevant training courses. We will provide a comprehensive training programme.
- Support groups – You will be invited to attend Monmouthshire’s regular support groups, to hear guest speakers and meet other foster carers. As a foster carer you will automatically be enrolled as a member of The Fostering Network. Foster carers will also have access to Yammer, which is a platform for safe on line communication between our foster carers and members of the Fostering Team.
- Discounts – Different discount schemes are available to enable you and your foster children to pay reduced entrance fees to some of the local and national attractions.
- Allowance – You will receive a weekly maintenance allowance that covers the cost of caring for a fostered child. This amount is set in accordance with the Welsh Government guidance.
- Fee – You will also receive a weekly fee in recognition of your time, skills and experience. This amount is set by Monmouthshire
- Payments and allowances
Contact Us on 01873 735950