Skip to Main Content

If you wish to complain, compliment us or comment about a council service, you can do so by:

  • Completing our online form below

Alternatively –

  • By completing and sending the customer feedback form to us via the address below
  • By telephone: 01633 644644
  • By writing to us:

Customer Relations Team

Monmouthshire County Council

County Hall, Rhadyr



NP15 1GA

If you have a complaint we will try to deal with it straight away. If the complaint is unable to be dealt with straight away we will:

  • Send you an acknowledgement within 5 working days of receiving your complaint
  • Tell you who is looking at your complaint
  • Tell you when we will reply to your complaint

Please view our Whole Authority Complaints and Compliments Policy Whole Authority Complaints and Compliments Procedure and our Whole Authority Unacceptable Actions by Complainants Policy

Social Services

If you are not happy about the services we arrange for you in Social Care or about the way you have been treated, you can complain to the Customer Relations team.

Complaints, Compliments and Comments Feedback Form – Social Care and Health

Social Services Complaints Policy August 2014 (Updated)

Getting help to raise your concern  If you need help to raise a concern, Llais – your voice in health and social care can help you do this. Llais is an independent body and its free Advocacy service and can provide information, advice and support to members of the public who may wish to raise a concern.

Llais can support you to raise a concern and give advice on the most appropriate course of action. You can contact your local Llais office at the following address:

Advocacy Service
Llais – Gwent Region
Raglan House
6-8 William Brown Close
Llantarnam Business Park
NP44 3AB
Tel:  01633 838516


To access Llais’ website go to Your voice in health and social care | Llais (

School Complaints

Complaints about schools should be sent to the Head teacher in the first instance. If the complaint is about the Head teacher, then the complaint should be sent to the Chair of Governors.

Public Services Ombudsman for Wales

The Ombudsman will not normally look into your complaint until it has been through the Council’s internal complaints procedure.
You can contact the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales:
1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae
CF35 5LJ

Enquiry Telephone Number: 0300 790 0203


Complaints against Councillors

If you want to make a complaint against a councillor please refer to this page