Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs) provide additional help with your rent. We cannot help with some parts of your rent, for instance if meals, heating or water rates are included. We cannot pay above the level of your rent.

DHPs can not help with the cost of Council Tax.


If you would like to apply for a DHP, please print off and complete the Discretionary Housing Payment Application Form.

Further information is available on Torfaen’s website who provide the Benefit Service on behalf of Monmouthshire County Council.