- All Community Hubs, Libraries and Adult education centres are closed.
- Abergavenny’s Borough Theatre is currently closed temporarily
- Abergavenny Market
- All Museums are currently closed
- Shire Hall, Monmouth is currently closed temporarily.
- Old Station, Tintern is currently closed. Access to grounds is still available for walks
- Abergavenny Tourist Information Centre is currently closed but you can access the service by phone 07854 997541 and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chepstow Tourist Information Centre is currently closed but you can access the service by phone: 01291 623772 email: Chepstow.email@example.com.
- Gilwern Outdoor Education Centre is currently closed
- Hilston Park is currently closed
- Caldicot Castle and Car Park are currently closed. Access to grounds is still available for walks
- All Leisure Centres are currently closed
- All Youth Clubs are currently closed
- The Blackrock Picnic site is currently closed
The following public toilets are now closed:
In normal circumstances any decisions about these facilities would be discussed with yourselves prior to any action being taken. However we are in unprecedented times so in order to prioritise staff resources available for cleaning duties generally MCC has stopped cleaning and closed the following toilets:
Jubilee Way Car Park (Caldicot)
WhiteHorse Lane (Abergavenny)
Brewery Yard (Abergavenny)
Castle Street (Abergavenny)
Maryport Street (Usk)
Usk Island (Usk)
Agincourt Square (Monmouth)
Tintern (Cottage by the abbey)
Caldicot Castle Car Park (Caldicot)
As you know many public toilets have been transferred to the local councils and they have taken over the complete running of the toilets in their area so this email will be for information in those instances (although it may influence any decisions you are contemplating about keeping the toilets open if you have not done so already).
For others where your council is paying MCC to maintain and clean the toilets on behalf of your authority the situation is a little more complex and there are a few toilets which remain an MCC facility.
In normal circumstances any decisions about these facilities would be discussed with yourselves prior to any action being taken.