How can you help shape the future of Active Travel (walking and cycling)
We are keen for your views.
The first Phase of the consultation exercise (Engagement Phase) is now complete. It was very successful with over 2700 people participating. Around 370 routes were identified for consideration of improvement or inclusion in any new maps going forward. An overview of the information collected can be viewed by clicking HERE.
On 4th June we will commence the formal 3 month consultation on the proposed Active Travel Network Maps. If you would like to take part in the consultation please click on the following link to the Welsh Government sponsored website common place.
Alternatively you may wish to attend one of the following face to face consultation exercises that we will be holding. A booking system is required to comply with COVID guidance. Click below for further information.
We appreciate some stakeholders would prefer to be taken through the consultation exercise in an interactive way and due to social distancing or other commitments cannot attend any of the face to face meetings. Therefore we have established 2 webinars to assist in this process. The webinars will explain the consultation process and deal with any specific queries. Please click below for further information.
Key Dates for Active Travel 2020-2021
- August 2020- October 2020 – Consultation, Phase 1 – Engagement
- November 2020 – January 2021 – Research into improved routes for High Schools in Monmouthshire.
- January 2021 – New bids submitted to Welsh Government using consultation data.
- January to March 2021- Analysis of Information on routes
- June 2021 – Consultation, Phase 2 – Three month public consultation on the final draft maps.
- August 2021– Views of Welsh Government sought on results.
- September 2021 – Consultation Phase 3 -Seek Council approval of final draft network maps.
- December 2021 – New maps showing Active Travel routes submitted to the Minister for approval
Contact Us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Active Travel (Home)
- About Active Travel Consultation
- Have Your Say (Active Travel)
- Proposed Routes for Walking and Cycling
- Strategic Focus (Active Travel)
- Get Active with MonLife
- Cycling in Monmouthshire (Visit Monmouthshire)
- Walking in Monmouthshire (Visit Monmouthshire)
- The Active Travel (Wales) Act 2013
- Welsh Government Active Travel Act Statutory Guidance
- Welsh Government Active Travel Act Design Guidance