What are we trying to achieve in the consultation during 1st August – 31st October 2020
- Identify new routes that need to improve to get more people to walk & cycle more and not use their car to get to a destination. These routes will then be put on Maps referred to as Integrated Network Maps (INMs)
- Agreement on the future strategic focus for Active Travel routes and facilities
- Agree those routes that already meet an agreed standard for walking and cycling – these are called Existing Route Maps (ERMs).
- Greater Visibility and participation on the Active Travel agenda
- Greater intelligence on stakeholder modal travel
- Identify any policy issues that require consideration and make links to key initiatives and strategies such as the Local Development Plan.
How can you help shape the future of Active Travel (walking and cycling)
We are keen for your views. Within the consultation period there are a number of ways that you can participate and let us know where you think improvements need to be made to encourage more walking and cycling. Please see below options for how to get involved.
Complete The Questionnaire To Give Us Feedback
We also invite you to participate in a webinar and drop-in session to consult.
Active Travel Drop-In Session
(Postponed due to COVID-19)
Contact Us: email@example.com
- Active Travel (Home)
- About Active Travel
- Have Your Say (Active Travel)
- Proposed Routes for Walking and Cycling (INM’s)
- Strategic Focus (Active Travel)
- Get Active with MonLife
- Cycling in Monmouthshire (Visit Monmouthshire)
- Walking in Monmouthshire (Visit Monmouthshire)
- The Active Travel (Wales) Act 2013
- Welsh Government Active Travel Act Statutory Guidance
- Welsh Government Active Travel Act Design Guidance
Welsh Government detailed ERM Maps for Monmouthshire