High tides are due. We will be monitoring the situation and if necessary, will arrange for the A466 through Tintern to be closed for short periods on the following dates and times:-
- Friday 19th April Between 20.55 – 21.25 (approx.)
- Saturday 20th April Between 09.15 – 09.45 (approx.)
- Saturday 20th April Between 21.35 – 22.05 (approx.)
- Sunday 21st April Between 09.55 – 10.25 (approx.)
- Sunday 21st April Between 22.30 – 23.00 (approx.)
The closure points will be as follows:
- North End closure: Trelleck Road junction.
- South End closure: Royal George junction.
Closure times are estimated based on the forecasted tide times. Natural Resources Wales will be monitoring the situation and issuing Flood Warnings as necessary. Road closures will only be temporary and only when tidal water actually overflows onto the highway. The road will reopen as soon as the water has receded from the highway.