Monmouthshire entrepreneurs looking to boost their skills can benefit from free business workshops throughout December. These courses, organised by the Welsh Government’s Business Wales service, aim to equip people with the tools and knowledge to successfully start, run and grow their own business.
The workshops are delivered by advisers with a wealth of industry and business experience, gained at senior positions in global organisations or while running their own businesses.
The courses focus on a variety of topics including business and financial planning, marketing, pricing, sourcing funding, recruitment, legal and compliance issues, and are designed to provide those attending with the in-depth knowledge and practical business skills needed to start a business, while also building their confidence to make it a success.
Workshops in December will take place as follows:
- Starting and Running a Business – Taking the Plunge: 9.30am to 4pm, Monday, 11th December
- Tax and Bookkeeping: 9.30am to 12.30pm, Wednesday, 13th December
- Winning and Keeping Customers: 1.30pm to 4.30pm, Wednesday, 13th December
- Winning and Keeping Customers: 9.30am to 12.30pm, Tuesday, 12th December
- Sizing up the Market: 1.30pm to 4.30pm, Tuesday, 12th December
Councillor Bob Greenland, Monmouthshire’s cabinet member with responsibility for enterprise said: “This is a great opportunity for local businesses to access training support available from Business Wales.”
Melanie Phipps, Business Wales Adviser for Monmouthshire, commented: “Encouraging business start-up and job creation across Wales is at the forefront of our work at Business Wales. We believe that everyone who has a business idea should pursue it and, therefore, strongly encourage local entrepreneurs who want to take their idea further or grow their business, to come along.”
- Business Wales, which is funded by the European Regional Development Fund through the Welsh Government, supports the sustainable growth of small and medium size enterprises across the country by offering access to information, guidance and business support. To find out how Business Wales can help start or develop business, call 03000 6 03000, follow @_businesswales or @_busnescymru or visit www.businesswales.gov.wales/ or www.busnescymru.llyw.cymru/ for further information.