What to expect from us ?
All foster carers are linked with their own supervising social worker who provides
support and supervision for them and their families. They visit their foster carers on a
regular basis to check that all is going well and to talk through any problems. Children
placed with foster carers also have their own social worker who will also visit them
regularly, and is able to provide further support.
Monmouthshire also have access to a wrap around service from our dedicated team of Clinical
Psychologists and Play Therapist. The service is known as the BASE Project.
Outside of normal office hours, foster carers can contact our emergency duty team
and speak with social workers for assistance. Therefore, there is a wrap around 24/7
support system in place.
Along with the support detailed above, you will also benefit from:
- Fortnightly payments for placements
- Additional payments for child’s birthday and Christmas (or religious festival)
- Mileage payments
- School Uniform contributions
- Discounted Leisure Centre memberships
- Free entry to CADW attractions & buildings
- Free access to selected venues/events in the local area
- Regular Support Groups
- Annual leave entitlement
- Automatic membership to our FC4FC Support Group (Foster Carers 4Foster Carers)
- Free membership to The National Fostering Network
- £250 referral fee for every family you refer that gets approved at panel